Thursday, February 11, 2010

R.I.P Captain Phil Harris


Captain Phil Harris passed away yesterday from complications of the stroke he suffered last week.

Statement from Discovery - Discovery mourns the loss of dear friend and colleague Captain Phil Harris. He was more than someone on our television screen. Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him. We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart. We share our tremendous sadness over this loss with the millions of viewers who followed Phil’s every move. We send our thoughts and prayers to Phil’s sons Josh and Jake and the Cornelia Marie crew.

Sig Hansen, captain of the Northwestern, says this on his website "Phil Harris was called home and will forever be remembered."

The Time Bandit, of Hillstrand Family fame, posted this message online: "Our thoughts and prayers go out to Phil Harris. May God bless and care for Phil and his family."


The Fisherman's Prayer:
God grant that I may live to fish,
until my dying day,
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray,
When in the Lord's safe landing net,
I'm peacefully asleep,
That in his mercy I be judged,
As big enough to keep.

Update:

There is a makeshift memorial at the Seattle Fisherman's wharf for Cap't. Phil. Funeral plans have not been disclosed yet.

No comments: