Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tour Update: Lance Had A Chance

Here's Lance today, trying to win the stage. It would've been glorious!

Wow! What a ride! Lance Armstrong, determined to win at least one stage and famous for his command of the mountains, took off like a motherfucker on fire today with a breakaway group of 10 riders. He tried like hell and fell to Pierrick Fedrigo at the last minute unable to keep up the sprint to the finish.

It would have been Lance's 750th Stage win (not really, but seemingly close) and a great way for him to say goodbye to the Pyrenees and Col Du Tourmalet, the legendary highest mountain on the tour.

Lance has one more chance to conquer the Tourmalet on Thursday when the days stage will end at the very summit.

Regarding yesterday's epic drama, Contador said: "Maybe I made a mistake. I'm sorry. I don't like things like what happened today, I'm not like that and I hope the relationship that I have with Andy can go back to being as good as it was before this happened."

Yeah, that and you're scared to death of the Schleck brothers coming to kick your ass!

No comments: