Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sir Elton Says "Fuck You" to Gay Marriage Opponets


In his own words from the American Foundation for Equal Rights fundraiser Wednesday night billed as "Intimate Benefit Concert with Elton John":

"As a gay man I think I have it all," he told the crowd between songs. "I have a wonderful career, a wonderful life. I have my health, I have a partner of 17 years and I have a son. And you know what, I don't have everything, because I don't have the respect of people like the church, and people like politicians who tell me that I am not worthy or that I am 'less than' because I am gay. Well, fuck you."

Well said, Sir Elton. That totally and completely sums it up. The guy is a writer after all and has a way with words.

BTW, he raised a cool $3 Million for the organization. Way to go!

No comments: