Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sean Lennon Occupies Wall Street...With Song!

His father John. Unarguably one of NYC's most famous residents. Ever.

Flashback 1971 - a young John Lennon moves to New York City to live with his love Yoko Ono. It's 4 years before little Sean was born to them. In England, little Julian is only 9 years old. John is about to start his new life by protesting the injustices of the world.

Flashforward 2011 - Sean Lennon regales the Wall St. Occupiers with his rendition of Madonna's Material Girl.

We always loved Julian the best, but yesterday (no pun intended), Sean showed all of us what a cool fucking cat he really is.

Sean Lennon and Rufus Wainwright, NYC 10/23/2011




Julian, wrote one of the greatest songs in history. We know if John had heard this song and its environmental message he would have been so f'ing proud. You nailed it here, dude. This song was released in 1991. Wow.




We are a rock revolving Around a golden sun
We are a billion children Rolled into one
So when I hear about The hole in the sky
Saltwater wells in my eyes

We climb the highest mountain We’ll make the desert bloom
We’re so ingenious We can walk on the moon
But when I hear of how The forests have died
Saltwater wells in my eyes

I have lived for love But now that’s not enough
For the world I love is dying (and now I’m crying)
And time is not a friend (no friend of mine)
As friends we’re out of time And it’s slowly passing by
Right before our eyes

We light the deepest ocean Send photographs of mars
We’re so enchanted by How clever we are
Why should one baby Feel so hungry she cries
Saltwater wells in my eyes

I have lived for love But now that’s not enough
For the world I love is dying and now I’m crying)
And time is not a friend (no friend of mine)
As friends we’re out of time And it’s slowly passing by
Right before our eyes

We are a rock revolving Around a golden sun
We are a billion children Rolled into one
What will I think of me The day that I die
Saltwater wells in my eyes



No comments: