Robert Bauval is the mastermind engineer behind the “Orion Correlation Theory” which states that the 3 Giza pyramids are a representation of the 3 stars comprising the belt of the constellation Orion.
The Great Pyramid at Giza. It’s just a pile of rocks. What’s the big deal? Okay, maybe you are willing to concede it’s A LOT of rocks - but still, so? What makes The Great Pyramid the greatest engineering marvel and virtual miracle on the planet? Let's consider both the The Outer Pyramid and The Inner Pyramid. Here are a few mind-boggling engineering specifications in the construction of the “outer” Pyramid:
- It is the world’s largest pyramid with a 13-acre footprint
- It weighs 6 million tons and is 480 feet tall
- There are 202 steps to the summit
- Each face (side) of the pyramid is 5 and a half acres
- It contains over 2 and a half million granite and limestone blocks
- Each weighs an average 2 tons
- It is aligned perfectly to the cardinal directions
- It incorporates the geometry of PI - specifically 2PI
- It is a scale of an exact mathematical replica for the dimensions of the planet Earth
- It’s polished out limestone casing was comprised of slabs 8-feet thick, covered 22 acres and their combined weight together was over 16 tons
- These limestone slabs were fitted together so perfectly that not a razor blade could separate them and it was said they looked like a single slab
- The three pyramids of Giza form a Pythagorean triangle with side propportions of 3:4:5
- The Great Pyramid is located exactly in the center of Earth’s landmass. THE EXACT CENTER
Here are a few mind-boggling engineering specifications in the construction of the “inner” Pyramid:
- The Queen's Chamber shafts lead to the archaeological Roswell known as "The Gatenbrink Affair"
"The most incredible construction achievement in human history. *3
The Grand Gallery consists of polished limestone walls - monoliths of stone - that make up the lower portion of the wall that are made up of polished granite topped with granite beams with scarcely a joint to be seen. It's seamless construction. The Gallery ends in a tunnel that leads to The King's Chamber. The King's Chamber, so-called, because of the humongous black granite "sarcophagus" located there, is really too big to be called a chamber. It is made from polished smooth red granite hewn from quarries in far-away Aswan. The sarcopohagus is too big too have been hauled in. The room was clearly built around this granite monolith, that is not a sarcophagus and shows clearly that it had to have been machined. It's joints are a perfect 90 degree angle. The air shafts from the room reach outside and can provide minimal ventilation.
The "relieving chambers" are a series of five slabs over top of The King's Chamber. Their combined weight is 400 tons and the top slab is has a bevelled pointed roof. They do not relive much weight in the pyramid, engineering wise, so their very name is a misnomer. What are they really for?
The Queen's Chamber has a beveled wall that defies explanation. It is a beautiful niche. What was it used for? What was anything in this place used for? Not a tomb by any means!
The Underground Chamber is a creepy cave that doesn't incorporate the polished limestone or granite walls that The Pyramid is made of. It's referred to by Egyptologists as an "unfinished burial vault". What they never mention is how fucking far underground this thing is. You have to take a descending passage far below The Pyramid to reach it.
You have to keep in mind that when we see the The Great Pyramid today, it is the same as looking at this rusted out car. We know what this car used to look like when it was shiny and new. Well, The Great Pyramid is weathered, dilapidated, stripped of all it’s glory and absolutely not the way it looked in antiquity. We have to imagine it shiny and new.
The Great Pyramid is not just a pile of rocks. Far from it. It is an archaeological, architectural and engineering mystery of epic proportions.
It cannot be overstated how advanced it is. It is a complicated structure of massive heavy granite and limestone made to stand for eternity. It has rooms and passages made from differing sizes rock that are engineeringly impossible to replicate today.
*1 Robert Bauval, Keeper of Genesis
*2 machining: to make, prepare, or finish with a machine or with machine tools
*3 Erich Von Daniken; The Eyes of the Sphinx
Stay tuned next Monday for Part 3!Part 1